A ball bearing is a type of rolling-element bearing that uses balls to maintain the separation betffween the bearing races.The purpose of a ball bearing is to reduce rotational friction and support radial and axial loads.
We are one the best ball bearing dealer in INDIA we have included brands like SKF,FAG,NBC
Tapered roller bearings are bearings that can take large axial forces (i.e., they are good thrust bearings) as well as being able to sustain large radial forces.The inner and outer ring raceways are segments of cones and the rollers are also made with a taper so that the conical surfaces of the raceways and the roller axes if projected, would all meet at a common point on the main axis of the bearing.
Needle roller bearing is a bearing which uses small cylindrical rollers.The difference of a needle roller bearing and roller bearing is the ratio of diameter and length of their rollers, when the ratio of the diameter and the length of roller of a roller bearing is between the interval of 0.4 to 0.1, that roller bearing is called as needle roller bearing. They are used to reduce friction of a rotating surface.
This Category include Y bearings with housing,Plumber Block & Units.These are also called INSERT BEARINGS.
Y-Bearings are often called UC Bearings because they names also consist term "UC" in them.
NTN is the most popular brand in this segment. UC term is given in accordance to Japanese Industrial Standard.
SKF has given the name by "YAR"
The frictions also have three types mainly.
1) Static friction
2) Rolling Friction
3) Kinetic friction
Now we are discussed about Bearing. A bearing is a mechanical element which is used to reduce the friction between two moving parts. We are used bearing according to their uses, motion and operations.
The name bearing indicates that a element which is bear a load on it. Bearings are used in mechanical industry on a very wide level.Bearings are used in Motors, bicycle, gearbox etc. Bearings are also used in Aeronautical industry, differentials, automotive parts etc.
Lubrication & Maintenance
During continuous working of a bearing we need a proper maintenance. We need proper lubricants for it. E.g. oils. Grease. This lubricants are filled by oil guns, grease guns etc. Sometimes we used pressure lubrication system. Sometimes we used mist & dry lubrication system. The lubricant forms a thick layer of oil on metal by which bearing working continuously. It’s also reduced the temperature of moving parts. The plain bearing is called Journal bearing. A rolling element bearing is mostly used in industries. The wear rate of this bearing is high as compare to other types of bearings due to metal to metal contact. During the high load & high running condition a bearing is play an important role in a machine. After wearing bearing produced a noise & harmonic vibration which is not good for a machine. The normal frequency of a rolling bearing is 3khz. Sometimes we used grease which is thick. It’s reduced the gap between bearing surface which is known as packing. After manufacturing a bearing is packed after a little bit lubrication which is resist the corrosion & wear.
Types of Bearings:- So now we are discussed some types of bearings & their properties. There are many types of Bearing which we are discuss below.
1) Plain bearing:- This bearing have some rubbing surface. It is used with high lubrication. The wear of this bearing is very low. But some time its blunt during the very high loaded condition. Life of this bearing is not very good. It also depend on our uses, maintenance & application.
2) Rolling element Bearing:- In this bearing we are used roller to overcome the friction. We are used packed grease for this as a lubricant. It’s also working on a very high loaded condition. This bearing needed a good cooling during working. We used this bearing for a heavy load with small friction.
3) Jewel Bearing:- The friction of this bearing is very low. But this bearing need a high maintenance. Its used for small loads. E.g. clock. It is small in size.
4) Fluid Bearing:- In this bearing the fluid is filled between two faces .This bearing have zero friction at zero speed due to fluid. This bearing have very high stiffness & not used commonly. Main use of this bearing is in automobile industry. Just need fluid for maintenance of this bearing.
5) Flexure Bearing:- This is a flexible type of bearing. The friction of this bearing is very low. It’s also working on a very high speed. The motion of this bearing is very smooth. Cost is high.