HAVELLS MPCB Price List w.e.f 5th September 2013 (VIEW) HAVELLS Customer Care No:+91-120-4771000
L&T MPCB Price List w.e.f 1st November 2013 (VIEW) L&T Customer Care No:18002094545
Introduction of MPCB
Motor Protection Circuit Breakers include molded-case circuit breakers and rotary circuit breaker operating mechanisms. You can choose from thermal-magnetic or electronic circuit breakers. A motor controller is a device or group of devices that serves to govern in some predetermined manner the performance of an electric motor. A motor controller might include a manual or automatic means for starting and stopping the motor, selecting forward or reverse rotation, selecting and regulating the speed, regulating or limiting the torque, and protecting against overloads and faults. Every electric motor has to have some sort of controller.
• Overcurrent Protection
– Protect motor & circuit from very high “short circuit”
• Overload Protection
– Protect motor & circuit from overload currents.
– Low/high voltage, phase failure, phase reversal, ground fault,
winding temperature monitors, surge suppression, etc.
• Protects the motor circuit & motor from overloading conditions when the motor is running.
• The larger the overload, the more quickly the temperature will increase to a point of damaging the insulation on the motor windings.
• NEMA: motor survive a 150% overload for 2 minutes when motor is at normal operating temperature.
• Bimetallic & Melting Alloy Overloads
– Heaters & or Heat cause a contactor to open
• Solid State Overloads
– Respond to current going to motor, preprogrammed for certain characteristic similar to standard
• Electronic Overloads
– Microprocessor Driven monitoring of current on all phases to motor.
– Wide range of adjustment and calibration as well as communication